Dear Film Commissioner,
as you might know the European Film Commissions Network was officially born in 2007 when it was registered in Brussel as a non profit organization. It is now a network that gathers 85 Film Commissions from 27 European Countries and it is now time for you to join in and take advantage of all the opportunities that being a member offers.
Why should you decide to become a member?
· To make your working life easier
· To compare and exchange information with your colleagues (on a production company, on a problem with your public institutions, on a location, etc)
· To make your access to international markets easier (in Berlin, Cannes and more)
· To improve your promotion abroad
What does becoming a member mean?
· Being part of an active community of Film Commissioners
· Being able to contact directly your colleagues throughout all Europe
· Receiving updated information and training on your everyday working life
· Receiving the newsletter (max 5 times a year)
• Being recognized as an official member of the EUFCN
· Benefiting from the training sessions organized by the network
· Being invited as a guest or a speaker to the experience sharing sessions
What are you supposed to do for the association?
· Publish your own news on the EUFCN website (for free)
· Invite your VIP guest at the EUFCN parties in Berlin and Cannes (for free)
· If you wish, suggest your own experience/problem on a specific subject for the experience sharing sessions, or ask the board to discuss it at one of the network meetings
· Take part in the EUFCN meetings that are: 1 at the Berlin Film Festival, 1 at the Cannes Film Festival and the General Meeting organized once a year in Brussels or in another country in November (2 days meeting). The meetings usually last 2 to 4 hours + the training sessions and/or experience sharing sessions (see the attached list)
· Elect the Board of Directors (election every 2 years)
· Pay your membership fee every year
How to become a member?
· Get in touch with a member of the Board or with the EUFCN management
· If you wish to understand better the activity of our association just ask to join our next meeting and we will be happy to host you as our special guest
The EUFCN Board of Directors and staff